Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lockdown day 35 continued - Short-eared Owl

I did an evening circuit of the moors on my bike yesterday and was rewarded with distant views of a Short-eared Owl hunting over the grassland. My first record since 2016 which shows how scarce they are on the moor (and perhaps how infrequently I visit the moor at dusk!).
Short-eared Owl

I was still on the moors as the Woodcock commenced their rodding display flight. This bird has its bill open giving the peculiar call, which is usually the first indication that birds are in the air.
Woodcock
Finally, I've started off today with a Garden Warbler feeding in a Sycamore on the edge of the garden taking my lockdown garden list to 65 and my patch lockdown list to 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...