Monday 13 April 2020

Lockdown day 21 - first Whitethroat

Still managing a few new birds for the garden lockdown list, I'm now on 62 with the addition Willow Warbler, Jay, Fieldfare, House Martin and finally House Sparrow.
Willow Warblers are now around in good numbers particularly on the higher wooded areas surrounding the moor and I recorded my first Common Whitethroat for the year
Common Whitethroat
singing on the edge of the moor yesterday and also had my first Common Redstart although they have been present in the valley since Wednesday. 

On Wednesday Alan Stewardson, Simon Roddis and I did a coordinated all day bird count around Darley Day and managed an impressive 69 species which included Kingfisher, Dippers and Grey Wagtails along the river with Pied Flycatcher and Common Redstart in the woodlands and the first Tree Pipits in the woodlands fringing the moor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...