Monday 20 April 2020

Lockdown day 28 - Yellow Wagtail patch gold

Not quite gold but certainly bright yellow the Yellow Wagtail is a scarce visitor to the areas around Darley Dale so I was very pleased to find a superb bright yellow male on Beeley Moor this morning. Although odd pairs breed on the limestone plateau of the White Peak I am lucky to see one or two ay year around where I birdwatch. Doubtless it is just passing through on its way to breeding grounds elsewhere but it certainly brightened my day. 
Still stuck on a lockdown garden list of 63 the wagtails takes me to 91 species for my local patch and with several more weeks of lockdown getting to 100 is a possibility!
Yellow Wagtail 

2 comments:

  1. 63 for the garden is a great number! Got to love a yellow wagtail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thanks, spending a lot of time in it at present and I guess that's one of the positives of the current lockdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...