Saturday 18 April 2020

Lockdown day 26 - return of the Common Sandpiper

Looking on the positive side, news that the lockdown has been extended for at least another 21 days gives me plenty of opportunity to add more arriving summer migrants to the lockdown lists.
Today I cycled to Chatsworth, the highlight was my first Common Sandpiper of the year, a fairly typical day for their return to the Derwent River. I was also pleased to see a pair of Oystercatchers back and good numbers of Sand Martin, at least 40 hawking over the river with several Swallow.
The addition of Common Sandpiper and Oystercatcher takes my patch lockdown list (species seen by walking or cycling) to 88!
Nothing new in the garden but I'm expecting the first Swifts any day now.
Common Sandpiper
Oystercatchers coming in to land

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...