Saturday 11 January 2014

Nuthatch - Bent Lane

I had high expectations for today as it was a reasonable weather forecast but the day was rather disappointing. 
I had my first Stonechat of the year on Beeley which is not easy at the moment but it was distant. The weather deteriorated and apart from a couple of Raven the moor was very quiet.
Headed off to Cromford Meadows with Ken and Mel on reports of twenty Hawfinch yesterday. Five were seen early morning but there was no sign whilst we were there so another attempt tomorrow may be in order.
The sun was shining by late morning and I found an obliging Nuthatch on Bent Lane in the afternoon. Roll on Spring!
James and I went to Donna Nook last Sunday and took some reasonable Grey Seal photos and also called in to see the Black-throated Diver in Cleethorpes there are a few photos on his website and my Flickr site.
Nuthatch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...