Saturday 18 May 2024

Whinchat - Beeley Moor

 It was good to be back on the moor this morning, having just returned from several weeks in France and Spain.

The weather could have been better though, as it was very misty first thing. Over the last few days I've caught up with most of the birds that I had either missed or hadn't arrived before I left such as Garden Warbler, Common Swift and Spotted Flycatcher and a lovely singing male Whinchat below Harland Edge this morning, albeit in the mist. Still with a bit of photo processing you can at least tell what it is.

Whinchat - male

The only regular breeding summer migrant I've yet to see is Nightjar, which I know have been back for about a week now, so will look to correct that omission in the next week, weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...