Wednesday 14 December 2022

Marsh Tit at Youlgreave

 A couple of weeks ago Doug Aston let me know that a friend of his had seen a Marsh Tit on a feeder in Youlgreave. Although I've seen Marsh Tit a couple of times in Alport and also at Over Haddon and in Monsal Dale I've never found one in Bradford Dale before.

Today I corrected that with reasonable views of a bird visiting a feeder on the edge of the village in Bradford Dale. 

It's difficult to judge how scarce the Marsh Tit is locally but from my records I'd say it is very scarce. Although it's present in several of the limestone dales the populations must be very small.

Marsh Tit
Today's Marsh Tit was the first on my Darley Dale centred patch this year and my 129th species for the year. I'm not likely to add any more species this year but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...