Wednesday 24 June 2015

Greater Butterfly Orchid - Abney

I've been browsing my copy of the new Flora of Derbyshire by Alan Wilmot and Nick Moyes. 
When I ordered the pre-publication copy at £25 I though it would be just an updated version of The Flora of Derbyshire edited by A.R. Clapham and was very pleasantly surprised to receive a book of a similar size to the Birds of Derbyshire with distribution maps for the majority of species as well as many colour photos.
If your interested in the flora of the County then this book is a must but even if you have a more casual interest it's a nice book for the coffee table.
I added a new orchid to my Derbyshire list today; the Greater Butterfly Orchid which has a restricted distribution in the County and is a rather tall and impressive member of the family.
Greater Butterfly Orchid



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...