Sunday 2 November 2014

Peregrine and Raven - Harland Edge

I'm just back from a week on the island of Rhodes, not a great autumn birding location but still a few birds and other wildlife of interest. I'm gradually adding a few photos to my flickr site.
Locally it appears to have been fairly quiet with a few Pink-footed Geese moving, I had about 150 yesterday and another 20 this morning. Steve Mann located the Great Grey Shrike yesterday at Hob Hurst's House by Bunkers Hill Wood (this is in addition to another at Leash Fen) but I had a look this morning without success. 
The Peregrine on Harland Edge put on a good show with a pair of Ravens but as usually the birds were distant.
Mothing has been quiet with just a couple of Silver Y the only evidence of any migrants despite the warm weather. Several Feathered Thorn, Red-green and Juniper Carpet were also attracted to the trap.
Peregrine chasing Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...