Tuesday 21 August 2018

Osprey - Whitesprings Plantation

My first local Osprey of the autumn today (I was at the Birdfair on Friday and saw one of the Rutland Water birds as my first of the autumn) carrying a large trout over Whitesprings Plantation this morning. It circled several times before drifting off over Beeley village towards Chatsworth. 
It looked like an adult female with a dark breast band and two rows of dark markings on the underwing coverts. It had a blue Darvic ring on the left leg and I suspect it may be the same bird I saw in the spring. Unfortunately none of the photos were good enough to read the ring.
There has been an Osprey on and off at Ogston since the 8th August so it could be that bird, not sure if it has a Darvic ring.

Osprey probably adult female

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...