Friday 7 September 2012

The Osprey returns

I couldn't resist having another look for the Osprey just N of Rowsley this evening. I had been stood in the same place as last night for no more than 10 minutes when I caught site of it flying in to the same try with a large trout. This time the sun wasn't a problem and I managed to get quite a bit closer. 
The photo in the tree was taken with the Canon 7D with 300mm f/2.8 II + the converter 2x III. I've been a little unhappy with the 2x converter but have now calibrated it to the lens and the autofocus appears much sharper, I was still perhaps 300 metres from the bird so I think this is quite a good result.
The blue Darvic ring looks to have AU on it so it may be possible to identify where this bird is from.

Osprey



2 comments:

  1. Have you found out where the osprey was ringed Andy? I'd be interested to know.
    Interesting blog and photos BTW.
    Nick Brown (Derby peregrine Project)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick, I sent the details and photo to Roy Dennis but no reply yet. I'll post the response as soon as I know anything.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...