Saturday 10 August 2024

More Yellow-legged Gulls, Roe Deer at Chatsworth

 I've been back to look at the gulls in the Elton Common area and yesterday they were on and around the Y-Not Festival site. Talking to the people doing the clean up after the festival it seems the gulls have been finding plenty to scavenge around the site. 

I counted at least 700 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and found 7 adult type and a single juvenile Yellow-legged Gulls. I would love to know where they are from, and there must be a chance of finding one with a colour ring one day, perhaps the French Atlantic or even Mediterranean coast.


Yellow-legged Gulls -top two adults, bottom juvenile
Walking round Chatsworth a smart buck Roe Deer walked across the path which caused me to think how few I have seen there. They are now well established in Matlock Forest but seem scarcer further north.
Roe Deer - buck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...