Tuesday 12 December 2023

Waxwing in Darley Dale

 Since returning from France last week I've been checking the berry bushes Waxwing have used in the past and was successful this morning when I found two birds feeding on Rowan berries on Columbell Way, opposite the Whitworth. 

Almost immediately they flew up in to the large Lime trees by the A6 and sat there for a while where I was able to get a record photo. I looked away and they disappeared but hopefully they will return to feed on the tree which still has plenty of berries.

Surprisingly, the female Teal is still on the Whitworth Pond.

I've checked the flooded field for gulls, plenty of Black-headed, single Common but just 3 Lesser Black-backed so far.

Waxwing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...