Wednesday 3 February 2021

First Red Kite of the year and a stray Pink-footed Goose

Had a decent day today with a small passage of Skylark over the moor and both Herring Gull and Lesser Black-backed Gulls plus roosting Barn Owl and Little Owl. Followed by my first Red Kite of the year over Alport. 

It was actually September 2020 when I last saw one locally and it looks like they are absent in the Darley Dale area during the winter (late September to February).

At Youlgrave I counted 107 Greylag Geese, and with them a lone Pink-footed Goose, also had 3 drake Goosander and a Water Rail there.

Red Kite

Pink- footed Goose (juvenile) with Greylags

3 comments:

  1. I drove back through Chatsworth at around 1610 Wednesday, and saw 2 Kite over the river at Carlton Lees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a few sightings during the first lockdown but they have dried up since, I feared the worst but sounds like they are still around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it definitely looks like they are back, I also saw two at Chatsworth on 4th February

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...