Sunday 10 November 2019

Whoopers and Pinks over Chatsworth

I've just returned from a birding trip to Azerbaijan and today was my first local trip out, after the deluge of the few days since I returned it was great to see some sunshine today. 
A party of ten Whooper Swan following the river south west by Chatsworth House was a pleasant surprise as was a skein of 65 Pink-footed Geese following a similar track. Three further Whoopers appeared 30 minutes after the first group so perhaps there has been a significant movement today. Otherwise I saw my first local Fieldfare of the autumn which have doubtless been around for several weeks now - nice to be back anyway.
Whooper Swans - part of a flock of ten
Pink-footed Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...