Saturday 13 April 2013

First Wheatear and another Osprey

Popped down to Darley Bridge last night and saw the Brook Lamprey, I counted at least 10. Apparently they are involved in communal nest building, you can see them picking up stone to move around, which is a prelude to spawning. It was around 7pm when I got there so the light was rather poor.
I'm not sure of their status in Derbyshire but I think they are fairly scarce.

This morning I caught up with Wheatear on Beeley Triangle, then several Sand Martin, House Martin and Swallow around Rowsley. At around 10:30 Ken Smith and I had another Osprey circle over Haddon Hall before drifting off to the North.
Mick Taylor had a Red Kite fly down Bent Lane from the Wraggs Quarry area early afternoon but if it flew over my house I missed it I'm afraid.

Wheatear - male

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...