Monday 17 December 2012

Grey Squirrel - Bent Lane

I took this photograph of a Grey Squirrel yesterday but have spent today photographing Red Squirrels with James, Ali Hood and James Shooter near Hawes in North Yorkshire, on the Snaizeholme Trail, I've put a few photos on  my Flickr site. I'm sure that James and Ali will have more photos on their web site shortly with an account of the day which was quite eventful.
The Red Squirrel disappeared from Derbyshire in the late 1990's from it's final recorded location in the Upper Derwent Valley, ironically the increase in Goshawk populations was thought to be one factor in their final demize. The Grey arrived in the 1940's and is widespread throughout the County, I occasionally see them in the few birch trees on the very edge of the moors.
Grey Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...