Saturday 18 August 2012

Grey Chi & Waved Black

I caught the Grey Chi at home last night, a moorland resident I only get the occasional stray at home. 
A text this morning from Simon Roddis advised that he had caught a Waved Black, this is his 4th record in 10 years and is a moth I have never taken although I am only half a mile from Simon. He has the advantage of living close to a wood yard where the moth must be well established. This one got away but if you click on the link you can see last years.
Grey Chi

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    Interestingly I caught Waved Black on the 12th Aug this year, in my garden in Ripley. To say I was stunned was an understatement, especially after researching its status in Derbyshire.

    Cheers

    Steve T

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting record Steve, perhaps you have a wood yard nearby? Hope you will send the record in to the Derbyshire & Notts Entomological Society.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...