Thursday 18 August 2022

Red Grouse - breeding success

 I've expressed my concern several times during the past decade about the decline of the Red Grouse on Beeley Moor (most recently in August 2020) so I was very pleased today when I came across a pair with two well grown youngsters. 

I also heard, and saw, several birds on East Moor yesterday so it looks like the current population could now be in double figures.

Red Grouse - adult foreground with two juveniles

Red Grouse - both juveniles (I think)
I had a decent day again today, in addition to the grouse I saw the Osprey again flying from Chatsworth direction then heading south towards Darley Dale. Also a family part of 3 Whinchat by the Triangle and a single Wheatear on Lumb Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...