Saturday 16 April 2022

More migrant arrivals including an early Hobby

 As I had hoped in my last post the warm weather produced more migrant arrivals with the first Grasshopper Warbler and several Wheatear on Thursday (14th) Cuckoo and Common Whitethroat yesterday (15th) all on Beeley Moor. 

This evening I had a call from Robin Elliot to say he had seen a Hobby on Bent Lane and fortunately it was still sat in an isolated Birch tree on the moor when I got there, a few minutes later. It's the first April Hobby I have seen and only a few days later than the earliest record listed in the Birds of Derbyshire which is given as 13th April. 

Thanks to Robin for finding it and giving me a call and for use of his photo.

Hobby © Robin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...