Monday 27 September 2021

First Wigeon of the autumn - Chatsworth

 Checking the Mallards along the river at Chatsworth I was rewarded with my first Eurasian Wigeon of the autumn plus a single immature female Goosander which are still in short supply.


Eurasian Wigeon - 1st winter male I think

A depleted Emperor Lake held 25 Teal which is the largest count I have had since Swiss Lake was drained.

An immature male Hen Harrier, perhaps one from the successful breeding this year in upper Derwent Dale, has been seen several times around Harland Edge and East Moor during the past week.

a very distant Hen Harrier probably a juvenile male messing with a Carrion Crow

Some positive news on Red Grouse with at least 4 seen on East Moor and a further 2 or 3 on Beeley Moor in the last few days, my largest count for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...