Friday 1 February 2013

Foot It - final update

No more species added after last weekend so I ended the challenge on 80 species in January, all seen on foot, which I'm very happy with. I did try for Linnet during the last days of the month but the wind made it impossible. Apart from Linnet there were just four other species seen by other birders locally and missed by me; Kingfisher, Woodcock, Pink-footed Goose and Golden Plover.
I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, got plenty of excercise and visited local places I have seldom been to.
Highlights were the Great Grey Shrike, Merlin, Hawfinch, finally bumping in to Crossbill and the unexpected Wigeon. So that's the Foot It Challenge over for now........although it would be interesting to see how I would do in the Summer!
With thanks to Ken Smith, Roger Carrington and Simon Roddis for their assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...