Sunday 22 May 2011

Halldale Wood, Darley Dale - Blomer's Rivulet

Despite near gale force winds I decided to trap in Halldale Wood last night, the temperature was still around 16 Centigrade at 9pm and the wood is directly behind my house and is well sheltered - I was glad I did, catching a single Blomer's Rivulet which is the woods moth speciality, Dove Dale is the only other known Derbyshire site. The Elms also produced 3 Clouded Magpie and I also added Broken-barred Carpet 6, single Map-winged Swift and the pretty Tortrix Ancylis mitterbacheriana.
My policy on trapping scarce moth's is to return them to the trap site once I've photographed them, so everything trapped in Halldale last night will be released back there.
Blomer's Rivulet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...